In his TED talk, Nandan Nilekani, visionary CEO of outsourcing pioneer Infosys, explains four brands of ideas that will determine whether India can continue its recent breakneck progress. I quickly jotted down the main ideas, those are as follows –
Ideas which have arrived – ideas which are already here and being implemented successfully.
- population as human capital and not as a burden
- Entrepreneurs as role models and social acceptance of entrepreneurship
- English language as an asset
- Acceptance of technology as a boon. ‘man & machine’ instead of ‘man vs. machine’.
- Confidence to deal with and thrive in globalization
- True democracy
Ideas in progress – ideas which have gained wide spread acceptance but yet to be implemented successfully.
- Primary education
- Growth of cities
- India as a single market
Ideas in conflict – ideas in conflict. solutions are still being brainstormed in favor and in opposition.
- conflicting ideologies
- Labor reforms
- Higher education
Ideas in anticipation – ideas which should be considered and brainstormed about.
- Health issues
- Pensions and entitlements
For more details, please listen to this engaging TED talk – Nandan Nilekani’s ideas for India’s future.